WordPerfect Office Mail broke in Starlan 3.3a

Lee Bertagnolli lbert359 at pallas.athenanet.com
Thu Sep 27 08:39:44 AEST 1990

When converting from Starlan 3.2 to 3.3a at one of my clients, WordPerfect
Office Mail version 2.0 went belly-up.  Although WordPerfect claims
that 2.0 is qualified with all versions of Starlan, this particular program
simply will not work.  When attempting to send mail from one user to another,
the mail program creates the appropriate hidden files in the mail\\bin and lin
directories, and updates the appropriate sys files.  After creating the hidden
files, mail seem unable to find them (I guess they are *really* hidden :-).

WordPerfect has been aware of this problem for nearly a month, but efforts to
get a fix from them have produced no results.  In fact, WordPerfect seems
totally uninterested in finding a resolution.  The client is comfortable with
this particular mail package, so I would prefer not to convert them to
something else.  On the other hand, if WordPerfect shows no inclination to
fix the problem, we may be forced to look at software alternatives.

I am interested in any words of wisdom from anyone who has experienced
*this* problem, and/or has dealt with WordPerfect on any significant problem.

--
+ Lee Bertagnolli                +                      Voice: (217) 544-0270 +
+ Athenanet, Inc.                +                      Data:  (217) 525-9019 +