6300+ clock problem

news news at sean.UUCP
Sun Sep 9 15:01:32 AEST 1990

My PC 6300 Plus (running AT&T's Unix) has a battery-maintained clock
on the motherboard. It has worked almost perfectly for years, but every
year on January 1, it refuses to change years, although it maintains
the month, day and time accurately. Usually after about two weeks
of manually changing the year (with the "date" command), it gets the
year correctly and stays that way until the next Jan. 1.

Well this year it displayed 1996 on Jan. 1 and stills reverts to
1996 every time I power-up. I have to manually change the year
each time. Its really just a minor irritant, but I was wondering
if anyone had this problem and had solved it.

This is, no doubt, a low interest question, so you can write to me
directly at uunet!sean!mka.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Anderson
..!uunet!sean!mka