Return-Receipt's

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Sun Feb 10 08:39:35 AEST 1991

In article <58 at morwyn.UUCP> forrie at morwyn.UUCP (Forrie Aldrich) writes:
>I have compliled successfully and USE smail3.1 PL18 on my unix-pc.  But
>I noted that smail doesn't automatically generate a return receipt as
>other systems do, and wondered if someone has resolved this issue?

It's been brought up before and the general conclusion was that the
easiest way to do it was to write a shell script to look for the
receipt request and generate the response.  Then add a transport to
smail to pipe the message to this program (see the uux definition
in the transports file to see how to pipe to a program).  Then just
add this transport as a "shadow transport" to the existing local
delivery transports.

Les Mikesell
  les at chinet.chi.il.us