3B2/500 memory and software upgrades

John Lees lees at briggs1.lbs.msu.edu
Tue Feb 12 02:05:37 AEST 1991

We have two 3B2/500 systems, each with 8mb of memory. With more than
five or six users, they slow down considerably. Questions:

1.) How much memory can be added to a 3B2/500?

2.) Can anyone with experience comment on the performance of a 3B2/500
	with more than 8mb?

3.) Where can I get additional memroy for as close to free as is
	possible? (The machines were originally donated by AT&T, and
	we have no money for maintenance or upgrades.)

4.) We're running System V Release 3.1.1, with WIN networking software.
	There are a number of bugs in the networking stuff. What is the
	latest release of software for the 3B2?

Thanks!
 John Lees, Instructor, Computer Science Curriculum Coordinator  OoO
 Lyman Briggs School, College of Natural Science, MSU            /O
 E-190 East Holmes Hall, East Lansing, Michigan, 48825-1107     |
 (517) 353-1759, lees at briggs1.lbs.msu.edu, CIS 74106,1324      (|)
 lees at .egr.msu.edu, lees at cps.msu.edu, lees at msuegr.bitnet       _|_
  "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Salvor Hardin