the 3B2 saga moves on (-:

Squish almquist at cis.udel.edu
Sat Feb 9 03:09:37 AEST 1991

Well, after a couple of days of pouring over all the AT&T manuals (boy there
are a lot of them) and with help from the following people:

	"Bradley E. Smith" <brad at bradley.bradley.edu>
	"Kitrick B. Sheets" <ssi!kbs at uunet.uu.net>
	"Lisa C. Ingrassia" <lisa at netwrx1.nw1.com>
	Gordon Spoelhof <nobody at Kodak.COM>
	Kevin Darcy <kevin at cfctech.cfc.com>
	L Testerville <tester at cmcl2.NYU.EDU>
	Robert Slaski <slaski at netwrx1.nw1.com>
	Wes Morgan <morgan at ms.uky.edu>
	Wesley Dean <wdean at css.itd.umich.edu>
	friedl at vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl)
	harter at ficc.ferranti.com
	kemp at amber.bgsu.edu
	kemp at amber.bgsu.edu
	pbhyg!fakhali at ns.PacBell.COM
	pgn at cbnewsc.att.com
	prg at mgweed.att.com
	vqh at dwx3bn.att.com

I got the machine to work.  I've got a new battery on order - I found company
that sells the batteries for about $20.  Special thanks is in order for Lisa
Ingrassia and V. Hoang.  I'm a system admin. for HP, SUN, Vax based machines
(plus some weird ones).  This is the first time I've played with an AT&T.
Everyone of you knew about "mcp" and "magic mode" and mounting the harddrive
and editing /etc/passwd.  My problem was there was NO mount command.  Lisa
Ingrassia and V. Hoang inform me about the fsys command.  Apparently I missed
this one (-:  Now that things are working and I can get in to fix the machine
and play is there a FAQ sheet for this newsgroup?  Where is a 3B2 archive;
articles, source, binaries.  Why is my kernel SO big.  I've got 4 megs of
memory and according to the message upon boot-up 2+ is used up by the kernel
)-:  Is this standard?  A majorly BIG kernel?  Thanks again for all the help.
Now, hopefully in the future I'll be able to contribute something back (-:

- Mike Almquist (almquist at cis.udel.edu)

PS - Oh yeah, anyone know a place to buy or obtain 3M DC600 tapes?  How about
a ribbon for an AT&T 479 wide carriage printer (or a compatible ribbon if any
of you are still using such a beasty).  Again, THANKS TO ALL!