3B2 Horror story - will it ever run?

Squish almquist at cis.udel.edu
Fri Feb 8 04:50:51 AEST 1991

From: "Bradley E. Smith" <brad at bradley.bradley.edu>
>Reboot the diskette and instead of 1,2,3 type 'magic mode'. Then select
>the 'shell' option.  This will give you shell access on the floppy.
>you then might be able to mount your root device and edit the password
>file.

WOW!  Att machines are certainly off the beaten track.  You won't find these
funny (or fun?) modes on a Vax or Sun.  Anyways, I go into 'magic mode' and
then select the 'shell' option.  Hurray!  I've got the root prompt it worked.
Could it be my lucky day?  NO!  Nothing exciting is on the 1st disc.  No,
mount, tar, dd, nothing.  Can anyone send me a bootable disc with mount on it.
OR, is there someway that I can copy the contents of one of the other discs
onto the current boot disc with only one disc drive?  This is starting to get
frustrating )-:  Also, I got no responses about the types of tapes I can buy
for my tape drive.  ALSO, the monitor previously advertised is spoken for.
And, finally, I've got two cute AT&T keyboards Serial#362202 L Rd.1983.  Anyone
want these?

- Mike