forwarding mail

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Thu Jan 24 05:16:45 AEST 1991

In article <Jan.22.21.51.12.1991.29374 at remus.rutgers.edu> mef at remus.rutgers.edu (Marc E. Fiuczynski) writes:
>Hi there,
>I'm using a 3B2 running SVR3.1.  How do I forward mail from
>this machine to another.  Basically, I want to forward all
>the mail that I receive on the 3B2 to another machine.

If you are running the stock sysV mailer you need to replace your mailbox
(/usr/mail/userid) with a file that says:
Forward to new!address
Some versions allow you to use "mail -F new!address" to create this
entry.  Otherwise, send yourself a dummy message to create the mailbox
file so you can edit it without special permissions.

Les Mikesell
  les at chinet.chi.il.us