The KORN SHELL

Bill Meahan wwm at wa8tzg.mi.org
Sun Jan 13 09:04:30 AEST 1991

In article <37920 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>forrie at morwyn.uucp (/dev/w1) in <1991Jan7.035239.877 at morwyn.uucp> writes:
>
>	I am wondering about the KSH.  Someone tells me that the one
>	distributed with the 2.0 fixes is 'braindamaged' ... will someone
>	please tell me which verion WORKS right?  Why is it brain damaged,
>	what can be done to change it, etc etc...
>
>I'm the one who claimed it's braindamaged, and it is (even the version that
>accompanied the FIXDISK2).  I posted the original details years ago and
>cannot quickly find them, but among the problems were incorrect evaluation
>of arithmetic expressions and some others ...
>
>The version you WANT (and which, interestingly, has the fixes that were made
>to the FIXDISK2 ksh) is the one from osu-cis in the att7300/STORE directory
>which is version "06/03/86".  You could use "strings" to ascertain the version
>but the easiest is to be in emacs mode and type a ^V (control-V).
>

>Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com ]

Does this mean that I should get the version from the STORE even if I have
FIXDISK2 ??  [Thad, you're not quite clear]

Has anyone ported ksh88e to the 3b1?  [and is it legal to snarf the ksh88e
sources on OSU ??]
--
Bill Meahan (WA8TZG)             |   Programming is simple:
wwm at wa8tzg.mi.org  OR            |