U.S. Air Force bombs AT&T !!

Stephen B. Brown sbbrown at magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jan 24 02:31:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan22.182709.23158 at cbnewsm.att.com> myamin at cbnewsm.att.com (m.yamin) writes:
>AT&T says they don't have a building in Iraq; the report must refer
>to something else.  Maybe MCI?

(According to National Public Radio:) The building was the Iraqi PTT
(Public Telephone & Telegraph) headquarters.  It was referred to by
an Air Force officer as an AT&T building in the generic sense, i.e.,
a phone company building.  The reference to AT&T was widely reported
in the media.  I assume AT&T disapproves of this use of its trademark,
as well as the unintentional publicity.
Steve Brown                   sbbrown at magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu