more on ethernet problem

Bruce Lilly bruce at sonyd1.Broadcast.Sony.COM
Thu Jan 17 08:37:17 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan15.211158.14899 at bradley.bradley.edu> brad at bradley.bradley.edu (Bradley E. Smith) writes:
>More on the subject:  has anyone tried to write a 'TLI' type program
>on the UNIXPC using the WIN/TCP?  Does it work better?

I've tried -- the WIN/3B ``emulation'' of TLI is so brain-damaged
that it's nearly impossible to get even a simple application to
run.

This and the performance problem were discussed here about a year
ago.

--
    Bruce Lilly, Product Manager,      | bruce at Broadcast.Sony.COM
    Digital Television Tape Recording, | uunet!{sonyusa,vmp}!sonyd1!bruce