patching /unix on a 3b2 running V.2?

Alexander Dupuy dupuy at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 9 10:41:15 AEST 1991

I have a 3b2 running some old TWG TCP software on my network that keeps sending
out ARPs for the new-style broadcast address.  I have no hope of making it
understand the new-style broadcasts, but nm on /unix shows that an ipforwarding
variable does exist in the kernel - if I could patch it to 0, I think it would
do the trick.  Problem is; the system doesn't have adb.  I tried sdb (I even
dug up an old manual) but it doesn't seem to be able to deal with /unix very
well.  Does anyone know how to patch a variable in /unix on these beasts?

Please respond to me by mail, since I don't read these groups very often.

Thanks.

@alex

inet: dupuy at cs.columbia.edu
uucp: ...!rutgers!cs.columbia.edu!dupuy