Possible Phoenix Story of 3B1

Colonel Panic aland at informix.com
Fri Jan 25 19:49:53 AEST 1991

In article <236 at platypus.uofs.edu> bill at platypus.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>In article <11375 at helios.TAMU.EDU>, n177ac at tamuts.tamu.edu (Daryl Biberdorf) writes:
>> The Amiga 3000UX is supposed to list for about $4995.  This will
>> Just trying to keep things in perspective.  $5k is cheap, but it'st still
>> a lot more than what  I gave for this box.
>
>One other small problem.  For $5K you can buy a SparcStation 1 Clone
>with SunOS.

Delete "clone" from the above sentence to retain any truth at all...

>Maybe AMIGA true believers are different, but I know which one I would
>prefer.

Oh, right.  $5000.  Sure, if you can run with no hard disk...

The prices for the workstations themselves are highly misleading.
Want a 200 MB external SCSI disk?  $1700, please.  A simple DIN-8
to DB25 cable? (required, to make use of either serial port on an
IPC)  That's $40.  Plus tax.

--
Alan Denney  #  aland at informix.com  #  {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

  Overheard somewhere in a bunker in Baghdad:
   - "Saddam, Sir, another bombing raid has hit the city!"
   - "Hmph.  Now we *really* know what that infidel Bush meant when
      he talked about the 'Thousand Points of Light'!!!"