Can you explain this shared lib anomaly? (3B1)

Floyd Davidson floyd at ims.alaska.edu
Tue Jan 1 00:27:08 AEST 1991

In article <37414 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>Can anyone explain the meaning of "-F (0413 demand paged) " as shown for the
>example of "coff3" below?  One thing I've noticed is the latest release of
>CTIX identifies all shlib-linked executables that way, but there's only ONE
>way to do this on the UNIXPC (per my example of "coff3" below).
>
>Something is obviously different; all 4 executables work; one of them is marked
>with the "something new and completely different" ``-F (0413 demand paged)''
>
>Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure what it is *supposed* to mean, but what causes it is
linking the startup code at a location other than the start of
the text segment.

The "-F (0413 demand page)" is from /etc/magic:

>>36	long	>0x80000	-F (0413 demand paged)

What particular significance there is to this and what the '-F' might
indicate I don't know.

Floyd
Floyd L. Davidson                                  floyd at ims.alaska.edu
Salcha, AK 99714                    paycheck connection to Alascom, Inc.
 When I speak for them, one of us will be *out* of business in a hurry.