External modem

Stephen Hess steve at unx-pc.UUCP
Fri Jan 25 00:29:15 AEST 1991

HELP!
I have emerson 2400 modem that I'm trying to hookup to my 7300.
I have followed the instruction that have been posted to the net
but I have no suggested so far.  It seem that there is always a
lock on tty000, that is if I put the -h in the inittab file for tty000.
If I put a -r then I can call out or receive calls depending on how the
DTR switch this is &D3 even.  If I leave the DTR switch down then I can call
out, if up I can receive calls.  Does anybody have any suggestions, I running
out of things to try.

	steve
--
USnail:  Stephen Hess, 5006 Oldshire Rd, Louisville, KY 40229-1223
uucp: 	 coplex!unx-pc!steve  or steve at unx-pc.UUCP