Intel 302 and V/386 3.2.2 - Help!

John Breeden jbreeden at netcom.UUCP
Sat Jan 5 07:41:46 AEST 1991

I've tried installing AT&T Unix SysV/386 V3.2.2 on and Intel 302 without
success. The first install disk boots, formats the drive, creates the
file systems and copys the base system on the disk.

The problem is, after the first disk it says to remove the floppy and re-
boot the box. After the POST, it does a fast hard disk access (1/4 sec), then
nothing. No error message, the cursor just hangs (and the machine does too -
need to do a hard boot to get it back).

I've installed this version aon AT&T boxes and a number of clones with no
hassle - until this box (the weird thing is the Intel 302 is what the WGS
6386/25 is based on).

The question is: does anyone have any ideas (or fixes - I hope :-).

Intel 302 - 8 megs RAM - VGA
Ph. BIOS V 1.10.04.C1
WD 1007 WAH w/ sector translation on.
Seagate 383 ESDI disk.