Where can I find emacs and C++ (g++) for the 3B1?

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sat Jan 12 23:02:32 AEST 1991

alexj at equinox.unr.edu (Jack Alexander) in <5260 at tahoe.unr.edu> writes:

	I need to find out where I can go to ftp either source or object for
	emacs (micro emacs?) and a C++ compiler for the 3B1.

	There must be some machine available for anonymous ftp that has
	archives for the 3B1, eh?

A good collection of programs, including what you're seeking, can be found
at cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu [IP 128.146.8.62] (aka osu-cis) in:

	pub/att7300/*
	pub/att7300/STORE/*

You should also immediately subscribe to the unix-pc.{general | sources | *}
newsgroups for your daily dose of 3B1 material; note the group may soon be
only "comp.sys.3b1" and "comp.sources.3b1" based on the preliminary voting
results just posted; interest in this little puppy has been growing at a rapid
rate the past 6 months.

You can also find the other GNU material source (most of which compiles and
runs just fine on the 3B1) at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu [IP 128.146.8.60].

Note that if you wish to run the GNU emacs, g++, and other "large" programs
and keep the source online too, you'd be advised to upgrade the RAM (to 4MB)
and HD (to 300MB max presently) at your earliest convenience.  Details can be
found in the unix-pc.* newsgroups and at osu-cis, and sometimes cross-posted
to comp.sys.att

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com ]