"comp.sys.3b2" and "comp.sources.3b2" anyone?

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Tue Jan 29 01:03:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan28.012133.13672 at mtek.com> bbh at mtek.com (Bud Hovell @ Mtek) writes:
>Any chance that the folks in the 'u3b' groups might like to come over
>and play under the new schema?

I wonder if anyone is exclusively in u3b?  I get both sys.att and u3b.* and
I never see anything over there that wasn't cross posted here.  I'd be
curious to know if there is anyone who gets u3b that doesn't get sys.att.
[ ... ]
>I know the topic of a more-general reorganization arose during the debate
>about comp.sys.3b1 (and absolutely agree that it would have been *most*
>undesireable to muddy the waters at that time), but...

I did muddy the waters and mood seemed to be to leave everything alone until
the 3B1 issues were settled.  I have 63xx equipment here and a 3B2, so it
might be that the new 3B1 vector might leave this group containing what I'm
most interested in.  There doesn't seem (to me) to be enough 3B2 volume to
dedicate a separate group.  Don't get me wrong, I read every line of every
article about 3B2s, I just wonder if we generate enough volume to justify
splitting it off.  If the 3B1 folk move 100% to their new groups, the total
volume in sys.att is going to drop dramatically.

>Is the time now at hand to discuss further reorganization logic(s)?
>
>Yeah, I know: "No slack!" But success begets success - so maybe we
>should carry through while we're on a roll. :-) :-)
>--
>____________
>bud at mtek.com
>"The 'government' is defined as the people who have the guns." - unattrib.

I'm not trying to muddy things again, but if we're going to split sys.att
further, I suggest that we subdivide to small medium and large.  There's
precious little here about the new Pyramid stuff, but there aren't many of
them out there yet.  For the readers here and downstream I know that we'd
read small and medium (63xx, 3B2); probably not large (70xx).

I'm not convinced that sys.att is broken so I wonder if we need to fix it.
The 3B1 folks felt that their part was broken, so they fixed it.  That's
OK by me, I voted for it to save some strokes on the `n' and `k' buttons but
I never felt that their stuff was clutter.  How about if we wait until 3B1.*
gets up to speed and see if we still want to further subdivide?
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {att,cs.utexas.edu,pyramid!daver}!ssbn.wlk.com!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM   or attmail!ssbn!bill