How to install VGA on a PC 6300?

Carlo Milono cmilono at netcom.UUCP
Tue Jan 8 03:18:59 AEST 1991

In article <2272 at esunix.UUCP> krogers at esunix.UUCP (Keith Rogers) writes:

>How do I do this?  I seem to remember installing new BIOS chips in order
>to run the TAXAN board - rev 1.43 sticks in my mind but that may not be
>correct.  I also remember replacing some sort of 14-pin DIP chip to
>disable the AT&T video board.
     If you have disabled the 'native' video, then you *are* ready to
     install a VGA.
>card?  What about the fact that the monitor I have is TTL RGBI; do I
>have to chuck it and get an analog one?  Are there any VGA cards to be
>recommended or flamed?  A reply would put me eternally, immediatley, and
>forever in your debt - just don't ask for any money.

If you want VGA graphics, you will need a VGA monitor (analog).  There are
dual-sync and multi-sync; you can get an NEC Multi-Sync 2A for around $400
if you shop around (800x600 res) - if you want 8514/A resolution, you will
pay quite a bit more.  ATI VGA Wonder has proven very compatible with
register/BIOS software; Paradise Cards are also well supported in apps.