Brownouts, shorts, explosions and the unix pc.

Neal P. Murphy murphyn at motcid.UUCP
Tue Jan 15 11:39:20 AEST 1991

thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:

>White Sands Missile Range circa late '50s or early '60s: a soldier took a
>internal organs were cooked.  This incident is "rumored" to have been the
>start of what we today know as MicroWave ovens.  Though I was there at the

My father worked on Navy radar installations after WWII. Even back then, it was
common practive for the engineers to heat up their bag lunches by putting them
in front of the radar beam.

Microwaves in ovens excite sugar, oils/fats, and water. That's why one has to be
careful when nuking a jelly doughnut: the dough may be tepid while the jelly
is hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns.

NPN