ditroff on Pyramid

Svante Lindahl zap at nada.kth.se
Fri Apr 1 04:51:56 AEST 1988

Andersson)  csg at pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) wrote in
<17471 at pyramid.pyramid.com>:

[ About troff in the att universe on a Pyramid running OSx 4.0 :]
>If it simply dumps core or something equally awful, then you have a corrupted
>executable file. Harass your salesman or your FE to get you a copy that works.
>For general problems/questions, send mail to pyramid!bugs.

Turned out that the /usr/.attbin/troff that was installed from a PTF
was bad, it terminated with a bus error when run.  Reverting back to
the 4.0 distribution fixed that.

Carl also wrote:
>Since we use this software to generate all our documentation (with Adobe's
>Transcript(TM) or AT&T's Imagen Impress(TM) filter as the backend),
>ment "it does not run" needs some elaboration! What OSx release? Which macro
>package, if any? What does your input do? What are you using as a backend? Is
>it a consistent failure, or only under certain conditions?

Lars wants to use Transcript from Adobe as backend, so he tells me
(the sysadmin) to install the required font descriptions in
/usr/lib/font/devpsc and that there is a makefile distributed with
Transcript that will do it for me.  Well not quite, it requires a
makedev program that I have no idea where to get. Can anyone help me
with this?

This may no longer be appropriate for comp.sys.pyramid and I don't
read comp.text, so please reply by mail.

Svante Lindahl
New: zap at nada.kth.se   Old: uunet!nada.kth.se!zap   Bitnet: zap at sestak