make and archives

Scott Anderson scott at questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG
Fri Dec 23 04:08:38 AEST 1988

In article <1160 at ncar.ucar.edu> pack at acdpyr.UCAR.EDU (Dan Packman) writes:
> In OSX4.0, make doesn't properly update library elements such as
>                 lib.a(foo.o)
> the old one, and then deletes the object file.  Is this fixed in OSX4.4?

Nope.  I switched to the ATT make for those particular libraries.
Quite anoying.

Have not got this one in to RTOC yet, I have to put it on the waiting
list behind all of the other broken things... 1/2 :-)

--
Scott Anderson			UUCP: scott at Questar.MN.ORG,
Questar Data Systems			...!amdahl!bungia!questar!scott