Problem with disappearing history file

Steve DeJarnett steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Fri Nov 18 06:31:17 AEST 1988

	Has anyone had any problems with a history file in 2.11.14 that decides
to disappear occasionally???  We've had this problem occur enough times that I
am sure it's not related to running out of disk space or other hardware-related
problems.  When this happens, I get a message (as news) saying something to the
effect of:

	"There was a problem with the history file.  It has been fixed."

However, after that, we're back to a zero-sized history file (which will then
grow normally, but we end up with duplicate articles for a while due to lack of
history).  I've looked all around the system for things that might be happening
that coincide with the history file shrinking, but there doesn't seem to be
any pattern.

	Any ideas??  Solutions??

	Thanks,

| Steve DeJarnett            | Smart Mailers -> steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU     |
| Computer Systems Lab       | Dumb Mailers  -> ..!ucbvax!voder!polyslo!steve |
| San Luis Obispo, CA  93407 | BITNET = Because Idiots Type NETwork           |