Megatape

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Wed Aug 30 06:16:26 AEST 1989

>> 	2.	We lose the microcode in the TPE once and a while.
>
>Yep, seen that.... We could usually make it happen with a "mt fsf n" command,
>where n was of such a value that the search would take many minutes.  It
>seemed that the TPE microcode timed out (perhaps timeouts setup for 9
>track tape) and caused the microcode failure.

Don't keep it to yourself; make sure you RTOC knows when you have problems
like this! If you already have told them, tell them again. And tell them that
you already told them. :-)

Generally RTOC and Sustaining Engineering do a terrific job of bug tracking
and fixes. For problems that require R&D involvement, though, they can only
be as responsive as the responsible code pounder here in the white tower.
(More like a garret than a tower. :-)) You tell RTOC, and they tell R&D, and
the managers allocate us more time to work on bug fixes.

<csg>