Miscellaneous (LONG)

Chris Rende car at trux.UUCP
Wed Aug 2 05:35:09 AEST 1989

In article <12833 at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>, steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Steve DeJarnett) writes:
> In article <211 at trux.UUCP> car at trux.UUCP (Chris Rende) writes:
>
> > When I run "mailx -s", mailx passes the -s to /bin/mail which doesn't
> > like the -s. What is wrong?
> 	Use /usr/ucb/mail (or /usr/ucb/Mail).  They work with the -s flag.
> I don't know that the System V versions will.

I'm running smail2.5 in the System V environment.
I tried /usr/ucb/mail and couldn't get it to work in the System V environment.
I'm considering altering smail so that it absorbs the -s argument instead
of passing it to rmail.

> > How does the ucb UUCP package compare to the att UUCP package?
> 	Depends on which you like.  Some people argue that HoneyDanBer (BNU)
> UUCP is better than BSD UUCP.

The UUCP I have is Release 2 UUCP, not HDB - My release must be a bit
behind. :-)

> > I can't get adb or sdb to work at all. I get some type of error message
> > about a table being the wrong or old format. dbx does seem to work.
> 	What universe??  dbx and adb both worked fine for us.  They both
> definitely work in the BSD universe of 4.4.

System V universe.

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysV/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,StarTrek