OSx4.4 att universe security / group restrictions

Tim Northrup tim at brspyr1.BRS.Com
Fri Jan 27 09:03:13 AEST 1989

***********
	I sent this out a couple of weeks ago (or so I thought), but
	got zero response, which is very unlike this newsgroup, so I
	am sending it again.
***********

We have a job/printer queue package that uses g+s along with a special
group ID which is used on all control files.  If a user is in a
directory which does not allow "other" groups access and is owned by the
same group as a user (but different group than that used on the
program), under the att universe the program is denied access to the
directory.  Under the ucb universe, the real group ID allows for access
to the directory as it should.

Is this the way it is supposed to work in the att universe?  Not only
does it affect our queue package, but mail programs as well (and probably
others).  Is this specific to OSx4.4?

Any help would be appreciated.

							-- Tim
--