^C Problems under 4.4???

Dave Bloom dave at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Tue Jan 17 13:38:07 AEST 1989

I've just brought up OSx4.4 with the att init-getty-login package,
and a funny thing happens: when you log in on a regular terminal
or pty with a default sh or ksh, ^C processing is screwy. A ^C
DOESN'T interrupt the current process. (Though the stty command
shows the settings are as they should be.) Starting up a csh
makes interrupt processing work fine, but exit out of that csh
to the top shell and it restores the terminal to the screwy state.

My guess is that there's something wrong with the 4.4 att getty,
leaving the terminal in a half baked mode. Since Pyramid ONCE
AGAIN is taking their sweet time sending us our source, I'm
wondering if anyone else out there has seen this problem.

Thanx.