itpsilo and nclists

Steve DeJarnett steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Fri Mar 3 10:24:11 AEST 1989

linda at cc.brunel.ac.uk (Linda Birmingham) writes:
>We have increased NCLIST in param.c quite a bit and have still had
>a clist related crash. We would prefer not to use the 'trial and error'
>method of getting this right and a method of making an educated guess
>would be most welcome.

	When our system was crashing due to "not enough clists" or something
along those lines, Pyramid suggested that we double the number of clists.  If
we still saw the problem, triple it.  If it went beyond that, call RTOC back
and they'd look into it.  Well, 2 months later (after doubling the clists),
we haven't had any problems.  So, I'd recommend doubling (or possibly
tripling) the number of clists.  If this doesn't help, call Pyramid.  You
didn't state what version of OSx you were running -- this might have some
impact on the problem also (i.e. old bugs, etc.).  We're running OSx 4.4c,
so if you're not up to that level, your mileage may vary.   :-)

>janet: linda at uk.ac.brunel.cc |  :-)
>uucp:...ukc!cc.brunel!linda  |

| Steve DeJarnett            | Smart Mailers -> steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU     |
| Computer Systems Lab       | Dumb Mailers  -> ..!ucbvax!voder!polyslo!steve |
| San Luis Obispo, CA  93407 | BITNET = Because Idiots Type NETwork           |