NEC 2363

Kenneth Goodwin klg at njsmu.UUCP
Sat Mar 18 03:25:40 AEST 1989

This is actually directed to the software engineer at Pyramid Ca.
who did the upgrade to Osx 4.* to add in support for the NEC 2363
1 GB disk drive.

We are a source site that is license to level Osx 3.1,
	(if we had the $$$ this year we would be to level Osx 4.*
	and would not have the problem I am writing about.)

We need to add in support for this NEC 1 GB drive, most of the
changes are intuitive --  add the drive description to
	/etc/disktab,  add the NEC2363_type and Std_2363_part
	structures to conf.c ....

we have done similar work under Sys V on our PDP 11-70 in the past
but with the lack of manuals for the drives and iop's it is
hard to even guess sometimes what needs to be done on pyramids... :-)

	But what we can not figure out is what you did to
	gpio_disk.c for this drive, other than to perhaps
	remove or modify the P partition access restriction???

	(i note that i have yet to look at /etc/diskpart.c
	to see what was done there....)

Can you perhaps shred some light on what has to be done?
Once we have the software questions resolved, we can then order the drive.
(we have already placed the order for the COS update as well as IOP
firmware upgrades, due to internal needs, we do not run pyramid
supplied binaries... everything is compiled from source locally..)

Perhaps in the interest of security, you should email your response
to me and we can carry out the needed information exchange without
compromising proprietary secrets...

gpio_disk.c  Rev. 1.32 C  86/04/.14 15:46:26

Ken Goodwin
NJ State Medical Underwriters, Inc.
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(5246,5932)