syslog(3) question

Sir Hoyt hoyt at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Wed Nov 22 06:13:53 AEST 1989

	The man page for syslog(3) states:

		openlog( ident, logopt, facility )

	where:
		ident - is a string
		logopt -  is one or more of LOG_PID, LOG_CONS,
			  LOG_NDELAY, LOG_NOWAIT
		facility - is one or more of LOG_KERN ... LOG_LOCAL0

	Now the problem is that /usr/include/syslog.h does not
	have LOG_NDELAY or LOG_NOWAIT defined.

	From what I can tell the syslog describe in the man page is
	4.3 BSD but the syslog.h is 4.2 BSD ( I think.... ).

	The question I have which is right?  the man page? if so
	what is the correct .h file??  If the man page is wrong,
	where is the correct man page??

--
John H. Pochmara				 A career is great,
UUCP: {sdsu,voder,trwind}!polyslo!hoyt		 But you can't run your