restore fix

Pete Cottrell pete at CS.UMD.EDU
Thu Feb 15 03:40:30 AEST 1990

	As several people's request, I have made available the diffs to
Berkeley restore that allow it to read (on a VAX) dump tapes made with the
Pyramid dump program. This worked here to let us read dumps made under OSx 2.5;
I don't know if it can read dumps made under leter levels, but I think it
probably would be able to. For all I know the machine-independent dump/restore
available from rutgers.edu that Romain Kang mentioned might make our hacks
unnecessary, but as I said, several people have asked for the diffs.
	The file 'pyrestore.tar' is available for anonymous ftp from
mimsy.umd.edu, or I can send a sharchive file via e-mail. Credit where
credit is due: these changes were done here by Jaime da Silva (jds at cs.umd.edu).

	Pete Cottrell
	pete at cs.umd.edu or uunet!mimsy!pete