tip doesn't always delete its lock files

Chris Rende car at trux.UUCP
Sat Feb 10 07:27:08 AEST 1990

In article <542 at massey.ac.nz>, KSpagnol at massey.ac.nz (Ken Spagnolo) writes:
> Wierder still is that the non daemon group user
> has no problem deleting the lock manually after exiting tip.  Can
> anyone explain this?  Some relevant facts:
>
> /usr/bin/tip     -  mode = ---s--s--x, owner = UUCP, group = daemon
> /usr/spool/locks -  mode = -rwxrwxrwx, owner = UUCP, group = daemon
                             ^----Probably supposed to be a 'd'.

Here's my /usr/spool/locks:

drwxrwxrwx   2 adm      daemon       512 Mar 25  1988 /usr/spool/locks
       ^^^
       |||--- These accesses give anyone the ability to remove a file
              from the directory.

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,StarTrek