In/Out Modem on the same tty port ?

Chris Rende car at trux.UUCP
Fri May 25 22:49:26 AEST 1990

In article <733 at massey.ac.nz>, GEustace at massey.ac.nz (Glen Eustace) writes:
> I made a recent posting to comp.unix.questions regarding the use of a
> single modem for both incoming and outgoing use.
>
> Solution 2 implied it would never work unless 'getty' were replace by
>            'uugetty'.
>
> Can anyone tell me a) is it possible to do what I want, and b) if it
> is HOW does one do it.

I've written a UUGETTY package for System V Release 2 UUCP. It allows me
to use the modem for both dial-in logins and dial-out UUCP.

I run it on my Nixdorf Targon M35/50 (Pyramid 9810).

It isn't totally clean - but it works OK.

I've Emailed a copy to Glen, if anyone else wants a copy - just let me know.

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,StarTrek