xterm problem with ioctl

W Christopher Martin wcm at geac.com
Fri Apr 12 14:10:12 AEST 1991

I've compiled the X11R4 package under the ucb universe on our Pyramid
(att uname -a = "OSx120M pyrogy 5.1a-900725 0409e MIS-2/02") and
everything works great except for xterm.  It complains about
"Error 16, errno 25: Inappropriate I/O control operation" which I've
tracked down to the TIOCGETC in main.c.

I tried a simple test program which did the same ioctl on a pseudo-tty
and it worked fine, I believe there must be a problem with the way
xterm is opening the pseudo-tty.  Before I start trying to dig any
further into xterm, I felt it would be better to check to see if
anyone else could shed some light on the problem.

Patches to make xterm work on the Pyramid would be even better.

Thanks,
wcm
--
W. Christopher Martin  <wcm at geac.com>