isgraph in ucb - on MIS, where is it

Keyvan Shirnia Pre Sales keyvan at pyra.co.uk
Sun Apr 14 03:01:47 AEST 1991

In article <1344 at escob1.UUCP> dickson at escob1.UUCP (Dave Dickson) writes:
>I am trying to compile ksh88f on a Pyramid MIS (OsX 5.0d) in the
>UCB universe.  It seems that isgraph() is missing from the
>pyramid libraries.  Does anyone have any ideas, is this an
>over-site on Pyramid's part, or do I have to write one and merge
>it into the library?

isgraph() is defined in the att C library. You do not have to rewrite the
code for isgraph(). All you need to do is to either corss link into the att
universe (ouch! :-) or extract the routines isgraph.o and version.o from
/.attlib/libc.a and put them in your own library.

NOTE: There have been quite a lot of discussions regarding cross-linking,
WHICH IS *NOT* SUPPORTED BY PYRAMID. However, my *personal* opinion is that if
you are only porting the software then you have no choice but to cross-link.
And again, in my opinion there is no reason why this shouldn't work. You just
have to be careful.

Best regards,
Keyvan

      -m------- Keyvan Shirnia		       Tel : +44 252 373035