upgrading to OSx 5.od and gnu

Tom Adams - 235-7459 adams at swbatl.sbc.com
Mon Feb 1 19:38:04 AEST 2016

Has anyone tried to compile gcc-1.37.1 on a Pyramid under OSx 5.0d?
Gcc compiles ok under the Pyramid compiler but dies with

/usr/local/bin/gcc -c -g   -I. -I. -I./config tree.c
as:
line 2403: operands clobber for this op on isis

when attempting to recompile with gcc ( in both universes).

I'm attempting to produce gnuchess-3.1 and xchess.  Both compile
under the halfdone gcc but neither works. The results are similar
to what I got under OSx 4.4c, Xchess displays half a screen and hangs
and gnuchess hangs forever ignoring every signal "known to man" :)
except 9.  Anyone have working binaries available by ftp?

The upgrade went well except for turbo informix.  Do *not* use dd
backups of the raw partition, dump the data to ascii.

Also the hardware upgrade mostly fixed my Megatapes.  Pyramid now has a
list of rev and ucode levels needed to run Megatapes, though they
carefully point out that this does not mean they will support the
drives.
uunet!swbatl!adams or adams at swbatl.sbc.com
Tom Adams: 314-235-7459: Southwestern Bell Telephone Advanced Technology Lab
BOOKS WANTED: pre-1930 radio, electrical & scientific topics