Questions about the Personal IRIS

Knobi der Rechnerschrat XBR2D96D at DDATHD21.BITNET
Mon Dec 26 23:52:27 AEST 1988

Hello,

  I've got three short questions about the Personal IRIS:

1) Is it possible to field-extend the cache sizes of that
   machine. If the answer is yes, how much is it?

2) During excessive use of a Network-Test-Program called 'dog'
   (listening Reinhard ????), we discovered that people inside
   the Personal IRIS side of the pipe were really handicaped compared
   to a 4D/70G. This brought us to the conclusion that the Personal-
   Iris Ethernet adapter is slower that the adapters for the G and GT.
   Is this observation correct?

3) It seems that the GL function 'getmcolor' does not work if you
   are in OVERDRAW-mode on the Personal IRIS. On a G/GT/GTX that
   function works perfect in OVERDRAW mode. If this is a known
   bug, sorry for asking. If it's unknown, please inform the people
   in charge.

Questions 2+3 were rised on a fully equipped 4D/20 with software
release 3.13809261636.

Regards and my best wishes for a happy
new year 1989

Martin Knoblauch