Dogfight and Arena

Matthew Moore mmoore at saturn.ucsc.edu
Tue Dec 6 06:49:17 AEST 1988

 We have been able to get Dogfight (and Radar and Shadow and so on) to run
in a mixed environment of IRIS 3000 & IRIS 4D machines all running TCP/IP.
First we got the SGI demos distribution tape for the 4D (from the IRIS
Software Exchange, free if you send them a blank tape). This contains
sources for flight, dog, etc, using TCP/IP, and it compiles and runs fine on
the 4D's, as you would hope. The trick is to use the same sources for the
3000's. You have to do about an hour's worth of hacking, mostly in the
Makefile to get the right libraries and include file directories, but there
is one change you have to make in flight.c (a variable called "tps" needs
to be handled slightly differently). This is a small price to pay for such
a good game.

 I presume a similar trick would work for Arena, but if you have Dogfight,
there is no point in bothering with anything else.

					matt moore
					UCSC CIS Board
					mmoore at saturn.ucsc.edu
		{wherever}!ucbvax!ucscc.ucsc.edu!saturn.ucsc.edu!mmoore