Apropos on Irises

G. Murdock Helms timelord at eos
Thu Dec 8 03:52:47 AEST 1988

A quick question to Iris users out there:
Is anyone interested in an apropos clone for 3000 Irises?

Apropos (or man -k) is a program that takes a keyword and lists all
the manual pages whose summary contains the keyword you specified.  It
can significantly cut down on search time through manuals, especially
if you don't have the manual handy.

I constructed an apropos program for the Irises a while back.
It's a bit kludgey, and I think it may still have a bug or two left,
but if anyone's interested in a copy, let me know and I'll fix whatever
bugs are left and mail it off to you.

I'm still working on one for the 4D, so a 4D version will be available,
but probably not this month.

Any takers?

g.