tek 41xx emulator for 4D/70G?

mscherz at oregon.uoregon.edu mscherz at oregon.uoregon.edu
Wed Dec 7 22:44:46 AEST 1988

I'm currently dealing with a newly developed molecular modeling software
package for the IRIS 4D/70G running version 3.0 of the operating system.
To make a long story short, part of the programm is not yet working,
and so I would like to run a second software package from the same terminal.
The problem is that this second programm (Clark Still's MACROMODEL) only runs
on a VAX, and has very specific terminal requirements, in order to run
properly.  Accessing a VAX to run MACROMODEL on is no problem, but the IRIS
is completely incompatible with the terminal requirements of MACROMODEL.
      Therefore, my QUESTION: does there exist, and is there available, a
Tektronix 41xx terminal emulator for the IRIS 4D/70G running OS 3.0?
Or is this a completely ridiculous thing to even hope for?  I'm not a computer
jock, just a chemist-turned-hacker, so pardon my ignorance, please.