dog, radar, shadow, etc. & tcp/ip

Dave Martindale dave at onfcanim.UUCP
Thu Nov 24 15:15:35 AEST 1988

In article <22316 at sgi.SGI.COM> miq at chromavac.SGI.COM (Miq Millman) writes:

>You should check out your /etc/services file, there are a couple of lines at
>the end of it that look like this:
>
># stuff to play net games
>#sgi-dogfight	5130/udp			# dog fighting with others
>#arena		5131/udp

What version of the kernel & what machine?  Our 2400T's running GL2-W3.6
don't seem to have this.  The original question came from someone also
running 3.6.

Will the 3.6 version of dog/shadow/etc run with TCP if we just
add the above lines to /etc/services, or does it require newer versions?
(I can't easily test this myself, since we deleted dog and the rest
when we found that they didn't work.)