Need help on ^S/^Q for 4D ptys

ip at hammer.me.toronto.edu ip at hammer.me.toronto.edu
Thu Nov 10 04:19:35 AEST 1988

How can I tell a process on the slave end of the pty to process ^S/^Q, I
found something in temio.h called TIOCPKT_DOSTOP, but it doesn't seem to
work.  Actually it works when I'm on the console, but if I remote logon from
another machine, I lose data when I do ^S/^Q (I have ICANON and ISIG turned
off and VMIN=VTIME=1 on the master end).  I'm not too familiar with system V
machines, could someone help please??

Also I found it very discouraging as I leaved through all the manuals, not a
single page of them mentioned about ptys!  But, believe it or not, I found
an example on opening ptys on IRIS_4D (really bizzare!) from gnuemacs
(thanks guys).

Thanks in advance.

bevis
--
Bevis Ip 	University of Toronto, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
CSNET   : ip at me.toronto.edu		BITNET: ip at me.UTORONTO
Internet: ip%me.toronto.edu at relay.cs.net
UUCP    : {allegra,decwrl,decvax}!utcsri!me!ip _OR_ {pyramid,uunet}!utai!me!ip