Video (NTSC) output from an IRIS

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sat Nov 12 04:58:23 AEST 1988

In article <849 at amethyst.ma.arizona.edu> chris at spock.ame.arizona.edu (Chris Ott) writes:
>     Before I go any further, let me say that I do not recommend just
>shooting an NTSC video camera directly at the screen of the IRIS. The
>resolutions are different and the timings are different. The resulting
>picture will look like trash...

Correction:  it *may* look like trash, depending on details.  It worked
okay for us in the CHI+GI 87 demos track (which I ran), although the more
limited resolution was a serious pain for some of the demonstrators who
used a lot of fine detail.  We fearlessly pointed our camera at Irises,
Suns, PCs, you name it; no serious problems.

This may have been an accident of our particular equipment.
--
Sendmail is a bug,             |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
not a feature.                 | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu