genlock boards on the 4D

Reinhard Doelz doelz at urz.unibas.ch
Mon Apr 17 02:04:00 AEST 1989

Hi,
we'running BIOSYM software on a 4D/80 GT and we purchased a GENLOCK board from
the very beginning. It never showed a TV signal which was of any use, though
SGI claims that this might change. (- year and place unknown yet).

Now I fished a message on the net

>Authorizing-Users: Rod Paul <pyrnj!dasys1!rpaul at rutgers.edu>
>The only bitch we've ever realy had with SGI has been the gen-lock boards not
>putting out REAL broadcast quality, thus the Abekas.

and I ask the netland whether any of you got nice broadcast PAL, SECAM or NTSC
out of these boards ? It never worked in our hands so far though our service
rep changed the boards already.

Thanks a lot,
Reinhard

  *   Dr. Reinhard Doelz           *           SWITZERLAND               *
  *     Biocomputing               *                                     *
  *      Biozentrum                * doelz%urz.unibas.ch at relay.cs.net    *
  * Klingelbergstrasse 70          *                                     *
  *     CH-4056 Basel              *                                     *