Reading Sun tapes on 4D/20

Darrell Davis davis at blake.acs.washington.edu
Fri Apr 21 08:17:42 AEST 1989

I have been trying to figure out how/if I can read a tar tape created on a Sun-4onto my Iris 4D/20.  After several futile attempts, I broke down and called the Geometry Hotline where I got all kinds of good information about various quarterinch tape formats, such as quick 24, quick 150 etc.  I was told that the Iris could read a tape written by a Sun, but not vice versa.  This is great since this is what I want to do, but the guy on the Hotline couldn't tell me exactly how to specify the "quick 24" format

on my Iris so I could read the tape, the default Iris format is "quick 150".  Since I haven't been able to discover the magic incantation, is there anyone who has solved this problem, or knows the answer.