Float to sign/exp/mantissa

Trevor Paquette paquette at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Tue Apr 4 08:00:56 AEST 1989

   I am sure that someone out there has a routine that given
a floating point number, what is the sign, exponent and mantissa
of the number.. I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if this has
already been done. If some kind soul out there has such a
function, and is willing to send it my way, I'd be very grateful.

    aTdHvAaNnKcSe
        Trev