'cc' bug found, also ScreenLock update

"Gary S. Moss", VLD/VMB moss at BRL.MIL
Tue Apr 4 23:25:57 AEST 1989

FYI,

The 'C' compiler distributed with IRIX 3.1 (Mips Computer Systems Release
1.31) has a horrible bug; returning from 'main' with 'return' always returns
0 exit status.  I have no reason to think that this is unique to 3.1, Doug
Gwyn says that this brain damage was probably inherited from Sun.

main()	{ return 1; } /* results in exit status 0 */

Using 'exit' works correctly, but calling 'exit' from main goes against my
principles.  Does anyone know where to send software bug reports?  Should
I call the hotline?

I have an update of ScreenLock that returns the proper error status when
failing to startup (i.e. no NeWS server running).  I discovered this by
doing 'make test' from a Sun window without 4Sight running on the IRIS
and it succeeded.  Also, I have added a slight modification to support the
lame cursors on the Personal IRIS (thanks to Jim Sims for trying things
on his P.I.).  Anyone wanting an update, please send another request.

-moss