SGI CDC Hardware

Dominique Thongs djthongs at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Wed Apr 26 02:50:38 AEST 1989

        A question to person's with extensive knowledge of SGI hardware.

        Has anyone out there installed a CDC 9720 1.23GB Disk on a SGI 4D/50.
        I am looking into the pos. of doing this.
        However, I would like to hear from persons having done this
        as to the ease with which it was accomplished.
        What were the problems encountered ?
        Were there any incompatibility problems between
        the CDC disk and the SMD Controller board ??
        ( I am aware that I need to upgrade controller Board  on 4D/50 first)
        SGI has such an option avail. ( P4-D120D)
        I would like to know what percentage of the CDC DISK'S
        are rejected when they  (SGI) do this option.
        Thanks .
        Any and all responses will be appreciated.

 * L'homme se decouvre quand il se mesure avec l'obstacle *
 *                                    A. DE SAINT-EXUPERY *
 * Water Resources Program, Princeton University          *
 * djthongs at phoenix.Princeton.EDU   (internet)            *
 * djthongs at pucc                    (bitnet)              *