X.V11R3 clients on 4D/2xx ?

Michael Toy mtoy at xman.SGI.COM
Wed Apr 26 04:35:52 AEST 1989

In article <89Apr24.235958edt.39746 at neat.ai.toronto.edu>, lamy at AI.UTORONTO.CA (Jean-Francois Lamy) writes:
> Has anyone ported the X.V11R3 client libraries and applications to the
> frightening world of IRIX?  Is the code available?  Does know if SGI has
> plans to support them (I'm not asking about an X server, we couldn't care
> less, we'd really use the thing as a compute server).
>
> Jean-Francois Lamy               lamy at ai.utoronto.ca, uunet!ai.utoronto.ca!lamy
> AI Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada M5S 1A4

There are three ways I can think of to get the client libraries:

	1) Get the X11R3 tape from MIT, then ftp over from expo
	   the contrib/sgi.patches.Z file and apply the patches
	   the to R3 tape.  Now you can build both servers and
	   libraries.

	2) Ask your SGI rep for the "X special tape" which is
	   basically the binaries produced from the above exercise
	   along with #include files.

	3) Get the "official" X11R3 release from SGI, which should be
	   available Real Soon Now :-).
--
Michael Toy