backup through the fs

Jim Barton jmb at patton.SGI.COM
Tue Apr 25 10:56:40 AEST 1989

In article <9405 at dasys1.UUCP>, rpaul at dasys1.UUCP (Rod Paul) writes:
> I ended up writing a shell as a general front end at our facility (as
> "bru" has so many flags), I used some other shell from the SGI release
> as a template. I don't remember what it was now, just check out every
> damn program that does backups.

The base level shell for modifying is called 'beer' (pun on 'bru' obvious),
which sets up a simple daily, weekly and quarterly backup schedule for
an operator to follow.  I believe it's installed in /etc and is standard
with the release.

> One thing I wonder though, how portable is a file backed up with "bru"?

I took pains to keep bru compatible with other EST implementations of bru,
so tapes written with it should be readable on anybody else's bru.

> --
> Rodian Paul				|
> Big Electric Cat Public UNIX		|	Just say YES to UII !
> ..!cmcl2!hombre!dasys1!rpaul		|

-- Jim Barton
Silicon Graphics Computer Systems    "UNIX: Live Free Or Die!"
jmb at sgi.sgi.com, sgi!jmb at decwrl.dec.com, ...{decwrl,sun}!sgi!jmb

  "I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
			- Elvis Costello, 'Red Shoes'