Memory Upgrades..

Tony Facca fsfacca at lerc08.nas.nasa.gov
Sun Apr 30 03:15:40 AEST 1989

>We have several Iris 4D 20's and a 4D70 and they all want to have
>their memory upgraded, but SGI wants lots and lots of money to do it.

>The memory seems to be in the form of 1Meg simms.  What is the preferred

>>We recently bought several IRIS 4D 20's with 8 meg of memory and then upgraded
>>them to 16 meg ourselves.  SGI wanted about $ 1200  a meg for memory and we
>>paid $ 310 a meg on the open market.  We just specified 1 meg SIMMS, 100 nsec,

Just wanted to add:
Another company, "ClearPoint" sells the SIMMS for the 4D/20's but it was my
impression that there was some difference in the SIMMS for the 4D/70's, making
them unavailable on the open market.  Has anyone else heard this?
Tony Facca                     |     phone: 216-433-8318
NASA Lewis Research Center     |
Cleveland, Ohio  44135         |     email: fsfacca at lerc08.nas.nasa.gov